Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:The EVE Store Is Back Online!

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.11.18 14:52:14 - [1] - Quote

How to build a sensible online store for branded merchandise:

1) find a partner whose business is custom branded merchandise and sells & delivers it worldwide at competitive rates
2) license your IP brand products to them and co-develop what items you want to brand and how (t-shirts yes, dildos no; ship artwork yes, your devs' mug shots no)
3) ask them to build you, or build it yourself, a storefront microsite for selling the custom apparel branded with your IP, based on the backend code they already use for operating their business
4) charge a royalty fee for each print/embroid of your IP and let professionals bother with production and delivery of the item
5) relax & profit

When you need to travel to a city with no regular air links, you don't start by finding someone who can build an airplane for you while you take flight lessons. You just hire a travel agent to charter a flight for you and let the airline bother with the details of actually flying an airplane to your destination in time.

But, who knows?
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.11.18 21:46:41 - [2] - Quote

Nana Skalski wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
But, who knows?

Thats, thats just stunning. =ƒÿ«=ƒÖç

It was implemented just a few months ago; the customization is made by http://www.spreadshirt.net and the rest might not be too far from what I suggested. The delivery costs to Australia are GBP 7.99 via DHL ordinary service (up to 20 days), whereas it's 7 to 9 days and GBP 3.19 for continental Europe via UPS ordinary or regular post.

I would lie if I said I expected CCP to be able to aim for anything better than charging 90 $ for delivering a t-shirt.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2016.11.19 19:38:20 - [3] - Quote

Awww, this is getting interesting!

- the shop itself is created & a maintained through the company Brightstores, which hosts & provides custom storefronts and backend management for corporate stores. So far so good, with plans starting at 145 $ per month, they seem a competent corporate store service

- the assets in the store are designed and manufactured by Development Plus Inc, an agency specialyzed in game and media custom swag. Maybe you've heard of guys like Rockstar Games, HBO or some Coca Cola Company; those are clients of Development Plus Inc. So certainly there's a solid, competent company behind the design and manufacture of EVE's premium swag.

- what I haven't found, is who stores & delivers the items. My guess is that it could be CCP USA themselves, since Brighstores manages webstores and inventory but no physical items, and DP designs and manufactures the items but doesn't sells them.

So the unprofessional blopper of the EVE Store's shipping prices would be CCP's responsability. The items may not be of everybody's liking and certainly they're priced as what they are, custom designed and manufactured premium swag, but both the design and purchase/inventory process are in the hands of competent professionals.

Of course it's CCP who decides whether they want ordinary swag or premium swag, and simple branding or full fledged design, and whether they use Rixx Javix's awesome artwork or don't, and then EVE nerds will buy it or don't. But the moment someone OK'ed a delivery process that charges 80 dollars to customers for no good reason, all the hard work went down the drain.

Maybe CCP will sort it, maybe don't. They're in a tough place to sign a deal with a parcel service as volume is the op-word for parcel costs and EVE will never generate enough volume. That's why I suggested to sign the deal with someone who already is shipping thousands of items each day and haves a good shipping plan, specially since shipping prices are one of the historical complains about the EVE Store(s).
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2016.12.07 21:44:27 - [4] - Quote

Rovinia wrote:
Allready filled my shopping cart and than saw the Shipment costs to Europe....

Nope, if i want to be scamed, i log in on my Jita trader Blink

I understand that shipment across the ocean has it's cost, but it's over the top even for that.

Check Rixx Javixx's store at Redbubble, there's no CCP IP there but there are some nice EVE meta goodies and shipment costs are Redbubble's. If I was playing EVE, the miner in me would buy a "Mine Ore Die" shirt in a blink! Lol
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2016.12.19 14:06:02 - [5] - Quote

Bekka Jai wrote:
Ok, dumb question time: Where can I get a t-shirt (women's preferably) with the Eve-Online logo? I'm not looking for anything factional or with insidery in-game logos or jokes, just the classic logo on a t-shirt.

I can't find one for sale anywhere. You'd think this is would be the most basic swag you'd be able to find on sale somewhere, wouldn't you?

Thanks for any help.

It doesn't exists as a legal item. But certain places like the one where Rixx Javixx set up his store (see my message above) are known for having all sorts of things using popular IPs in ilegal ways. Not that I recommend it as forged IP products are usually of the lowest quality, and that's one of the reasons why some people have been pestering CCP about setting up a legal store.

As for why there's no "EVE logo on..." swag, ah, that's CCP. You'll get used to it.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2017.01.12 22:37:52 - [6] - Quote

Thufir Hawaatt wrote:
@ CCP Falcon

Hi there, any word on when faction merch will be available from the online store? I've tried the eve support email address and they weren't even aware that the store was open, let alone when it will sell items that people might actually wantPirate

It's not the same because haves no CCP IP in it, but Rixx Javixx's store which I linked above is quite complete and maybe you'll find something of your interest. The HTFU branded stuff is quite appealing IMO.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2017.01.28 23:17:30 - [7] - Quote

Nana Skalski wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

We're acutely aware of opinion on shipping costs, and it's something that we'd love to address. At this stage however, the store doesn't ship the required volume to be able to reduce the price of shipping.

So when the store doesnt ship because of high shipping costs, you will not seek other methods to push down shipping costs? Seems very selfdefeating. P

I dont know if CCP have some kind of deal with this store, but it seems so. Bad thing you didnt thought it over earlier.

Well, it requires a degree in advanced CCPology to understand why did they launch a store with outrageously high delivery costs that hindered its abbility to perform.

The usual suspects are:

- we knew it would s*ck, but hey, players just wanted it!
- we had this guy in office doing nothing, told him to set up the store. What could go wrong?
- it's a CHALLENGE! Ta-daaa! HTFU!
- nobody ever did it before, so, we're figuring our own way to doing it. What could go wrong?
- all of the above. !!CCP!!

Whatever the reason, EVE Online still doesn't haves a good shop.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2017.04.19 13:59:40 - [8] - Quote

Doing things right? That's not the CCP way. Not the first 3, 4 or 6 times, at least. What?

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240427/0314
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.